Get ready for the DP – Two-day intensive preparatory workshop
You are starting your IB Diploma Programme in September and want to have the best start possible?
Come and join me for a two-day Oxford-quality preparatory workshop right here in Paris!
Small groups, personal instruction, experienced teacher, quality preparation.
The workshop will take place over two Saturdays and is limited to 15 students.
It is spread over two days: the first session is scheduled before you go on summer holidays and the second session when you come back to school.
(Note: spaces are limited to 15 students per session per day.)
The workshop will run from 9:00 until 15:30 on both days (Total instruction time: 11 hours).
The worksop is built around a practical, task-based approach to learning:
- Get a “big-picture” view of the entire Diploma Programme;
- Understand how to manage the expectations of the DP;
- Understand DP academic terms and assessment structures;
- Understand what makes a knowledgeable and independent DP learner;
- Work on essential skills, such as note-taking, analysis, revision and recollection techniques;
- Learn “anti-procrastination” strategies;
- Practise short-, medium- and long-term planning strategies;
- Learn how to work together with your teachers and how best to ask for support;
- Learn how to prepare for your specific subject package during the summer;
- Understand the link between the DP and your university applications.
(Snacks, drinks, materials, wifi, etc are included but students provide their own lunch.)
Location: International School Paris, 96 Bis Rue de Ranelagh, 16E, Paris (M9 Ranelagh; RER-C Boulainvilliers)
(All-day security provided)
The workshop is hosted on the premises of ISP but is independent of the school: it is open to students from all Paris IB schools.
Day 1: June 24 (9:00-15:30)
Day 2: September 2 (9:00-15:30)
How do I register?
Places are limited to 15 students per workshop.
Please register on the ISP Plus website here.
Note: The workshop is hosted on the premises of ISP but is independent of the school: it is open to students from all Paris IB schools.
Any questions? Contact me here.
Legal disclaimer: The workshop and any supporting material have been developed independently and are not endorsed by the International Baccalaureate Organization.